Clare Assetta is the driving force behind Freedom Music Studios and the services we provide. Clare has spent the past 17 years studying the art of Vocal Production. Her qualifications include:
- A Bachelor of Science majoring in anatomy and physiology.
- A Diploma of Education.
- Currently a Level 3 IVA Instructor
- Extensive study of Speech Level Singing and satisfied certification requirements.
- Completed The Compulsory Figures for Voice Control course 4 times.
- Completed the Figure Combination for Six Vocal Qualities course 4 times
- Had years of private lessons from a handful of talented teachers.
- Made regular live performances throughout Australia in a wide range of acts.
- Completed sixth grade AMEB Flute Examination.
- A current working with children check.
- A Level 2 First Aid Certificate and current CPR qualification.
Throughout her vocal career Clare has often been left feeling hoarse and fatigued due to a heavy vocal load (from both singing and public presenting.) Over many years, Clare refused to believe that her voice was at its capacity and strived to find the answers that many of her associates could not provide. After years of study and research, she has uncovered the secrets towards enduring, reliable, pain free and artistic voice production.
Clare’s science degree, majoring in Physiology and Anatomy, gives her the skills to understand and discuss the singer’s ‘instrument’, the larynx. This knowledge enables vocalists to truly understand how their instrument works and the many techniques that can be applied to vocal production.
Thanks to her expert teachers and her studies in various disciplines including the SLS, Bel Canto, IVA and Estill, methodologies of voice production, Clare has a trained ear and the ability to communicate skills to other vocalists. Her method comes from studying the available literature, attending related courses and workshops, conversing and asking the advice of many vocal experts, as well as completing her own vocal experimentation.
Clare knows that learning never stops and therefore, if she is unsure how to assist, she has an arsenal of contacts including fellow vocal coaches in Australia and overseas, speech pathologists and ENT’s that she can call upon for advice and discussion regarding each person’s individual needs.
As a seasoned performer, Clare knows there is nothing more degrading than losing your voice in the middle of a performance due to poor vocal technique. She’s been there herself one too many times!
Her mission is to provide as many students as possible with the skills and strength required to ensure that they never find themselves in this position!
Click here to contact us and learn how Clare can help you make the most of your vocal range.