Is your child showing an interest in singing?
Do they constantly sing around the house?
Have they recently joined the school choir?
Or are they directly asking you to find them a singing class?
What our singing academy can offer children
- A tertiary qualified instructor with industry experience, first aid certificate, working with children check and years of experience working with children. We ensure your child gets the best possible start on their singing journey.
- A step by step approach to great singing technique enabling them to gradually build strength. flexibility and range whilst reducing strain and consequently singing safely.
- Free access to our extensive library of backing tracks so children can practice at home.
- The opportunity to participate in regular performance events which provide children with a goal to focus on as they prepare. This in turn motivates them to practice and attend their lessons.
- The opportunity to participate in a variety of workshops covering topics such as performance, musical theatre, acting and movement.
- A supportive and friendly environment so they feel comfortable as soon as they walk in the door. Children who are relaxed are more likely to tap into their creativity and learn more quickly by taking risks and making mistakes.
- Being part of our ‘Freedom Family’. We welcome you to our extended community of students, teachers and their families who support, nurture and encourage our students to be the best they can be. Singing is all about bringing people together and getting to know other children of similar ages will maintain your child’s enthusiasm towards singing lessons.
**If these times do not suit you, please contact us, we are willing to add more classes to accommodate new students**
1. Free Trial Consultation
All new students begin with a free trial class, preferably in the same time slot as they will prospectively continue in. During this time they will meet their teacher and fellow students and have a chance to gain the full class experience. This helps us to find out more about your child and enables them to get a good feel for what they can expect if they begin singing lessons with us. At the conclusion of the class the student will be provided with an information and enrolment package to take home and read with their parents before deciding if they’d like to continue.
2. Freedom First Notes Academy
Most children under 16 will start at our Freedom First Notes Academy. These are small group classes (maximum 5 students) which foster a students interest in singing and performing in a fun and encouraging environment. In these classes students will learn:
- The basics of safe and effective technique.
- Introductory musical theory and terminology such as pitch, rhythm, beat, dynamics and melody.
- Performance skills and microphone technique.
Classes have a minimum of two and a maximum of five students and run for 30 or 60 minutes depending on the age group. Students begin with voice training exercises and then learn songs both as a group and solo. Children are encouraged to participate in performances within their groups but are never forced.
The benefits of starting at Freedom First Notes Academy…
- It’s a cost effective solution for parents, allowing children to satisfy their interest in singing without incurring a hefty expense.
- Children adopt a ‘safety in numbers’ approach whereby a beginner feels more comfortable singing whilst surrounded by children of a similar age and ability.
- They are a fantastic introduction to singing and singing lessons for children. If your child continues to show a keen interest, they can move on to private lessons when ready.
3. Private Voice Lessons
Children who take private singing lessons have demonstrated a good foundational knowledge and ability in singing technique and have maintained their interest for an extended period of time. Our private singing lessons may include any of the following:
- Personalised voice training: Exercises are prescribed specifically based on the tendencies heard within the student’s voice.
- Learning repertoire of the student’s choice: Initially technical aspects such as pitch rhythm, melody, placement and vowel shapes are covered. Once these are mastered we look at the ‘artistry’ of the song. We cover concepts such as vocal tone, dynamics, phrasing, storytelling, body language and microphone technique.
- Performance coaching: Students prepare a performance by forming a general plan about where they will move on stage, what equipment they will use and how they will be entertaining to their audience.
- Audition preparation and coaching.
- Recording semi professional demo tracks.